In an era of Logomania, Longchamp has jumped on board with the introduction of a new logo collection. But, if you’re...Read More »
Read More »
Demonstrating the power of natural resources, ROTHCO and Allied Irish Bank announce the tour of an incredible new book, ‘10 | The Book That Grew’. In an initiative to support Irish agriculture and farming, the book has been grown entirely from grass.
In a world’s first, every page, every word, and every diagram in this book was formed by real grass roots as they grew.
In 2017, AIB partnered with Teagasc (Ireland’s Agriculture and Food Development Authority) to launch a multi-year campaign to increase grass utilisation on Irish livestock farms. AIB has a business relationship with almost 35% of farmers in Ireland and with the roots of the Irish economy in Agriculture, AIB is committed to backing farmers with the help they need to grow their business.
‘The Book That Grew’ is the latest instalment of AIB’s ongoing campaign. Working with creative agency, ROTHCO, AIB wanted to deliver the most up to date guide for efficiency and sustainability in farming by changing the way farmers see the country’s greatest resource - grass.
Creative Director Ray Swan notes, “The idea of growing a book from grass roots about grass management and sustainability was beautifully simple and powerful. We knew it would be difficult, maybe even impossible, because nobody has ever tried this before, but in AIB we had a client who was willing to go on this journey with us.”
The book was grown from the very grass that Irish farmers nurture and contains 10 tangible lessons and 10 pieces of practical advice designed to help maximise sustainability and increase profitability. These 10 steps enable farmers to achieve a ‘perfect’ 10 rotations of grass grazing per year, and produce 10 tonnes of grass per hectare – a truly powerful number that will greatly improve the sustainability of even the most efficient farm. These lessons shaped into the pages of a book were created by bespoke plates that were used to manipulate the growth of the roots into legible shapes.
Each page was grown during February and March 2019 by German artist Diana Scherer. The pages were then harvested in Amsterdam and bound together in Dublin by Letterpress Printer and Bookbinder, Jamie Murphy of The Salvage Press. Everything in the book, including the ink and binding were made from the same grass, demonstrating that when managed correctly, it can work wonders.
‘10 | The Book That Grew’ will now begin a tour of the country at AIB-partnered agricultural events such as the National Ploughing Championships. The book contents will be made available on AIB’s website, while video and photography of how this incredible process took place will be distributed through AIB’s social channels.
Executive Producer: Al Byrnes
Executive Creative Director: Alan Kelly
Creative Team: Fabiano Dalmacio & Rob Maguire
Creative Directors: Ray Swan & Emma Sharkey
Account Director: Alan McQuaid
Project Director: Irene Sharkey
Business Director: Jimi McGrath
Design Director: Shane O’Riordan
Designer: Diogo Dias
Artist: Diana Scherer
Photographer: Diana Scherer
Letterpress Printer & Book Binder: Jamie Murphy @ The Salvage Press
Production Assistant: Siobhan Coakley
PR: Jill Byrne
Director: Jake Viramontez
Director of Photography: Jake Viramontez
Editor: Jake Viramontez
Sound: Will Farrell @ Screen Scene
📢📢Esti gata de Black Friday, ziua 💥cu cele mai mari reduceri💥 din acest an❓ Care este produsul 🥘🛌🔨 pe care ti-l doresti cel mai mult❓🤔Read More »
BusinessWire: Activist investor Third Point Highlights publishes explanations of its proposal to spin-off Sony image sensor business, opens A Stronger Sony dedicated web site promoting that, and publishes a 102-page long presentation with a lot of inte...Read More »
PRNewswire: OmniVision announces the OV48B, its first 48MP image sensor featuring a 0.8um pixel built on OmniVision's PureCel Plus stacked die technology."Consumers continue to demand ever-higher resolution in high end and mainstream mobile phones," sa...Read More »
- Atlanta (hosted by Edelman) — Nita Thompson
- Austin (hosted by McGarrah Jessee) — Adrianna San Roman
- Beijing (hosted by Serviceplan) — Ziyi Tong
- Beirut (hosted by BWR) — Carine Howayek
- Boston (hosted by Arnold Worldwide) — Madison Umbrello
- Buenos Aires (hosted by El Círculo de Creativos Argentinos) — Lucas Frigerio
- Chicago (hosted by Edelman) — Astha Thakkar
- Cleveland (hosted by Brokaw) — Corinne Baker
- Detroit (hosted by GTB) — Andrew Montana Flaherty
- Dubai (hosted by BWR) — Neel Layth Abdulrasool
- Guangzhou (hosted by Insight) — Shigang Yan
- Ho Chi Minh City (hosted by Happiness Saigon) — Anh Thu Dam
- Lima (hosted by Lanfranco/Cordova) — Florencia Luna
- Lisbon (hosted by Clube Criativos de Portugal) — Pedro Barroso
- Lyon (hosted by TBWA\ Groupe — Corentin Magnetti
- Melbourne (hosted by Melbourne Advertising & Design Club) — Cale Berry
- Mumbai (hosted by Kyoorius) — Shreya Arora
- New York (hosted by Edelman) — Diane Danneels
- Paris (hosted by BETC) — Amélie Lazure-Ratte
- San Francisco (hosted by Edelman) — Chiara Martini
- São Paulo (hosted by AlmapBBDO) — Victor Piva
- Shanghai (hosted by Proximity, PwC Shanghai, Experience Center) — Chenwei Xu
- Singapore (hosted by Temasek Polytechnic, TGH Collective, Association of Accredited Advertising Agents Singapore) — Ken Vicera Kaneko
- Zurich (hosted by Voy Talent) — Luigi Vitiello
Read More »
BusinessWire: Innovusion announces the availability of its Cheetah system. Based on its innovative rotating polygon optical architecture, Innovusion has melded together proprietary detector electronics, advanced optics and software algorithms.Key featu...Read More »