- LiDAR is a very high-tech solution.
- LiDAR is expensive.
- Solid-state LiDAR is the best approach because it has no moving parts.
- Flash LiDAR is the best LiDAR for imaging.
- LiDAR must operate infrared wavelengths.
- LiDAR isn’t safe for the human eye.
- LiDAR can’t work in poor weather conditions.
- LiDAR can only be used for automobiles.
- LiDAR won’t be incorporated into vehicles for another decade.
- LiDAR can be fully replaced by cameras, radar, or a combination of the two.
- FMCW LiDAR is better than ToF LiDAR.
Reuters: Sony Corp swill assign 40% of its new engineer hires in Japan over the next two years to the chip business which includes image sensors, as it looks for growth from new applications in everything from cars to phones. Sony plans to hire 320 new...