- LiDAR is a very high-tech solution.
- LiDAR is expensive.
- Solid-state LiDAR is the best approach because it has no moving parts.
- Flash LiDAR is the best LiDAR for imaging.
- LiDAR must operate infrared wavelengths.
- LiDAR isn’t safe for the human eye.
- LiDAR can’t work in poor weather conditions.
- LiDAR can only be used for automobiles.
- LiDAR won’t be incorporated into vehicles for another decade.
- LiDAR can be fully replaced by cameras, radar, or a combination of the two.
- FMCW LiDAR is better than ToF LiDAR.
11 Myths about LiDARs
ElectronicDesign: Cepton CEO and co-founder Jung Pei presents 11 myths about LiDARs as a background to show the company advantages: