Today we celebrate World Water Day!
World Water Day is celebrated all around the world on 22 March every year.It is about focusing attention on the importance of water.
”Nature of Water” is this year’s theme and people all over the world get to know interesting things about water and join special programs to inform themselves about it!
People tend to use water in all kind of ways! They wash themselves, they drink it and it is even used to create power! But some of us don’t treat water the way we should and we waste it! An And you do understand that it is wrong! So let’s do something to change it!
These are some facts we should all know about water!
- The human body is made from water! About 65% of our bodies are made from water!
- Our planet’s surface is covered with 70.9 % of water!
- 97% of water on Earth is salt water!
- 200 gallons of water are wasted through a running toilet!
- About 746 million people in the world do not have access to an improved source of drinking water!
- An American resident uses, on average, about 100 gallons of water per day and a European resident uses, on average, about 50 gallons of water per day!
- About 2.6 gallons of water are used to create one sheet of paper!
- If you want to manufacture a car u need about 39,090 gallons of water!
- 2,641 gallons of water are used to create a pair of jeans.
- Hot water freezes a lot faster than cold water and there is no one who can explain this!
- 150 litres of water are used to make a pint of beer!
- Water is the second most common molecule in the universe.
- If you drink too much water and really fast it could lead to water intoxication!
- Water dissolves more substances than any other liquid.
- The ”oldest” water on Earth was found in Ontario, Canada, about 2.6 billion years ago!