- AIStorm has been founded in 2011 and has been in stealth mode till the recent announcement of $13.2M round A financing.
- AIStorm’s patented chip design is capable of 2.5 Tera Ops and 10 Tera Ops per watt, which said to be 5x to 10x lower than the average GPU-based system’s power.
- The company uses a technique called switched charge processing, which allows the chip to control the movement of electrons between storage elements
- "The TowerJazz pixel is part of our input layer, so the charge comes from sensors, they produce electrons, and we multiply and move them" - says AIStorm
- AIStorm tested its first chip this month and plans to ship production orders next year
- The company’s first products are to be made in 65nm or 180nm process
- AIStorm is planning Series B round for follow up products in 28-nm and possibly finer nodes
- The production chips are aimed to be compatible with popular AI frameworks such as TensorFlow
Los Angeles Lakers is one of the biggest NBA teams not only in the Los Angeles area, but also in the NBA! So le’ts dive into some trivia and facts about this team! The Los Angeles Lakers are an American professional basketball team based in Los Angeles The Lakers compete in the National Basketball Association […]