Watch the story of Inna Braverman, green energy entrepreneur and Co-founder of Eco Wave Power, in the virtual reality series “The Female Planet.” Get a 360 degree look into Inna’s career and see firsthand how she harnesses the power of the ocean and converts waves into usable energy at the …Read More »
Poly is one place to discover, view and download 3D models and scenes. It lets you quickly find 3D objects for use in your apps, and it was built from the ground up with AR and VR development in mind.Read More »
Check out “Jane the Virgin” star Gina Rodriguez in the virtual reality series “The Female Planet,” which features amazing female role models from around the world. Get a 360 degree look into Gina’s career and passions. From inside the boxing ring to on the set of “Jane the Virgin,” see …Read More »
Check out a sneak peek of “Jane the Virgin” star Gina Rodriguez in the virtual reality series “The Female Planet.” Get a 360 degree look into Gina’s career and passions. From inside the boxing ring to on the set of “Jane the Virgin,” see just how Gina is busting stereotypes …Read More »
In a new and unique experiment, Sweden’s state lottery, Lotto, takes Virtual Reality a bit further and are letting people check off their bucket lists and try life as a millionaire. The 5D-experiment allows participants to dive among reefs, throw themselves off cliffs and recharge at the world’s most beautiful beaches.
The experiment, built in a hangar in Stockholm, consists of five different VR experiences, supplemented with custom-built simulators and sensory effects such as wind, aromas, heat and an artificial elephant trunk. All put together it creates a five-dimensional experience.
Watch the video here:
Indir Topcagic, 30 years from Stockholm, is one of the participants who tested the experiment.
"I did not know what to expect, but the wind, the snow and the movements made the experience extremely intense. My body felt like I was skiing in the Alps while my brain knew I was in a hangar in Stockholm.”
The experiment was based on a survey about what Swedes put on their bucket lists and consisted of five composite sections that were built in a giant hangar outside of Stockholm. To take the experiences and sense of reality to a new level, special simulators and effects were constructed in consultation with the “Burnt Out Punks” circus group.
Five different bucket list experiences were staged and six participants were then allowed to test them.
1. Parachute jumping. The participants hung in a harness six meters above ground. A big fan, a water spray and artificial tree peaks added to the 5D experience.
2. Travel to a paradise island. Sand, salt water and a strong heat lamp made it feel like the participants were on a paradise island.
3. Heli-skiing. The participants were tied up in a giant hamster wheel with ski boots and poles. Multiple fans, tree tops and a snow machine allowed the participants to feel like they were flying down a snowy mountain.
4. Go on a safari in Africa. To make the participants feel like they were really on the savannah, a foundation of grass and clay, thundering sandbags that simulated elephant steps, a custom-built trumpet (that imitated a elephant trumpeting) and an artificial trunk was added.
5. Dive at the Great Barrier Reef. Specialized underwater VR glasses, a 5,000-liter water tank, safety diver and a shark prosthetics allowed participants to think they were really wearing sharks.
Read More »
Nat & Friends explore how virtual reality is creating new possibilities for artists and creators, thanks to tools like Tilt Brush, Blocks, Mindshow, and 360 cameras. Full video here → | More in the description below ↓ Check out the Tilt Brush Sketches gallery → Check out Blocks → Playlist …Read More »
Nat meets people from Daydream Labs, Expeditions, and Google Research to try as many VR demos as she can. Watch the full video here → More info about Google VR → Subscribe to Nat & Friends on YouTube → Follow Nat & Friends on Twitter →Read More »
A new tool called Seurat – named after the great French painter – makes it possible to render high-fidelity scenes on mobile VR headsets in real time. Seurat enabled ILMxLAB, the branch of Lucasfilm focused on pioneering next generation immersive experiences, to bring the cinema-quality world of Star Wars to …Read More »